Navigating the celestial
Random header image... Refresh for more!

Staying Healthy and Strong

Alex Grey

Alex Grey

Astrologers like everyone else are now looking at the potential for a flu pandemic. Once again the star signature for such an occurrence is Neptune, Chiron, and Jupiter in Aquarius. Chiron and Neptune together can mean illnesses associated with the auto-immune system, such as viruses, AIDS, Candida, etc. Jupiter, symbolizing expansion, can blow things far and wide through the air-borne means of Aquarius. These three ‘star bodies’ link together on and off for this entire year of 2009. Both Mercury and Mars will potentially aggravate the issues; retrograde Mercury in Taurus in May, and Mars in Taurus in July as well as Mars in Leo for seven months starting in October. Remember, the influenza pandemic of 1918 swept through in two waves, one in the spring and one in the fall which proved more deadly.

As I ponder the meaning of all of this I realize that Neptune in Aquarius can be either a blessing or a curse. Without a greater sense of compassion for all living things, science combined with either the giant industrial-agribusiness or the industrial-military complex can turn incredibly destructive. There is still much to be learned about this present virus known as H1N1. We do know that it is a combination of genes found in asian swine viruses, mexican swine viruses, human viruses, and avian viruses.. Is this strange brew a natural mutation or bio-engineered? There is a lot of buzz everywhere in the media, but how are we to learn the true facts? Whenever Neptune is involved things can get really blurred and we may feel like we’re dealing with something out of mad commix making it difficult to discern what is truth and what is fantasy. I certainly am trying my best to listen carefully to thoughtful experts rather than alarmists. On the web one such source of intelligent information is: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/04/29/Swine-Flu.aspx. Check it out.

Perhaps it is a good time to put trust into what you already know as your truth in staying strong and healthy. So, please! Share with the rest of the readers in this wee blog your own ideas and methods for maintaining a healthy and strong immune system. We’re all friends here. We have this marvelous tool called the inter-net—also Neptune in Aquarius as well as Uranus in Pisces—now to link us in community at a different kind of grass roots level. Isn’t this what blogs are all about? Sharing thoughts, feelings, and ideas together? I hope so.

Here’s what I do to stay strong and healthy:

I try to keep a positive attitude and outlook on life no matter what the challenge. I pray to and commune with both the natural world of nature and the celestial world of spirit. I give and receive love with my husband and family. I try to help others and enjoy others company. I laugh and I cry. I allow myself to get angry. I keep track of my dream life and the messages they bring to me. I enjoy my work and stay busy.

I eat smply and nutritionally avoiding too much of any one thing, but especially sugar and wheat products. I stay away, if at all possible, from refined, processed, and packaged foods. I drink a lot of pure water. I eat organic foods grown locally and seasonally that are fresh.

I try to exercise and take long walks where I breathe deeply, work up a sweat, and soak in nature while doing so. I have practiced yoga, pilates, and meditation at various stages in my life. I’ve even done weight training.

I take regular supplements designed for my constitutional type. Along with my normal regime there are cerain supplements that I take to boost my immune system even if I’m not sick. I take Vitamin D3, and COQ10, as well as freshly ground flax seeds on my yogurt every morning. I take the right type of Vitamin C for my metabolism type, which is a fast-oxidizer. I take SOD, which is also another anti-oxidant.

When beginning to feel under the weather or even out and out ill, I use homeopathy. It works for me. I have my Constitutional prescribed by my Dr. I always take it at the first sign of any imbalance. For viral diseases I use Oscillococcinum, a general remedy mixture that you can buy in any good natural foods store. I also fortify with Chinese herbal medicine such as Yin Chao. I constantly rely on Source Natural’s Wellness Formula. I use both their tincture and capsule forms. This formula has many of the immune boosting herbs in it, like Astragulus, and Ginger root. I like tinctures with Echinacea and Golden Seal, but I now find that the straight powder of Golden Seal root works best stirred into a bit of fruit juice. I’ve grown to like the extreme bitter taste!

OK, that’s probably enough from me. What about you??? I’d really love to hear from as many of you as possible so that everyone will benefit. What do you do to stay healthy and strong?

May 1, 2009  9 Comments
Categories: Astrology | Tags: ,

9 comments

1 JOAN { 05.04.09 at 11:19 am }

Hi!!!!!!!!!
I am really working onfiguring out what keeps my body happy and healthy in 2009. I have had some issues come up that I just do not understand how to deal with. I have been a perfectly healthy person all my life and NOW stuff seems to be “HITTING”. Astrologically I get it and yet do not seem to be able “TO GET” any answers to help me go forward with this. Oh well, THANKS for giving me the space to vent.
LOVE YA,
JOAN XO

2 Genevieve { 05.04.09 at 3:25 pm }

I appreciate your sharing, Joan. Are you getting ‘hit’ by Neptune? Or is it the Saturn/Uranus opposition? At such times it is wise to go within for answers and work with some of the alternative methods that are out there now as well. Good luck on your journey back to staying in balance.

3 Mary Erangey { 05.05.09 at 7:54 am }

Hi Genevieve, thanks for this post. Good topic. I’ve recently returned to a couple of really basic personal care practices that are really helping me stay healthy: a nightly nasal saline rinse with a Neti pot, and taking an Omega 3-6-9 fish oil supplement. Also soon to plant my summer veggie garden so we can eat hyper-local. As soon as we get pool open, will spend as much time as possible swimming and loosening up the stored tension in my body; find evening swimming particularly restorative.
The Mercury and Mars movements sure do look kind of troublesome for Taurus right now! By the way, I didn’t realize that you’ve practiced pilates. I’m a big fan. Not currently taking classes but still using many of the basic movements and exercises. Really love the practice of pilates for its combined benefits in flexibility, strength, and breathing focus.

4 JOAN { 05.05.09 at 2:41 pm }

Dear Genevieve. Thank you so much for commenting!
Yes, Jupiter,Neptune,Chiron transiting my 6th house cusp (21aquarius) opposite my natal SUN& MERC(in my 12th house). MY ASC&DSC are 22 virgo/pisces so that tells you about the Saturn/Uranus situation. I am an INTUITIVE HEALER as well as a professional Astrologer. I have always been blessed with going within yet I do know sometimes we hear someones words and know that they are a gift. I am grateful for finding your article and your response to my comment. I have just finished writing my first book titled “PLEASE REMEMBER ME” about remembering all that we are within and walking with it!!!
THANKS AGAIN !!!!
LOVE, JOAN XO
Any info on alternative method(s) direction?

5 Genevieve { 05.06.09 at 8:52 pm }

Dear Joan,
With Neptune moving through your 6th house I’d encourage you to try energetic medicines like Homeopathy, Flower Essences, Aromatherapies. They are all vibrational. Of course they are gentle and non-invasive. I also think Reiki, Jin Shin Jitsu, Polarity work, and Barbara Hand Brennan type healing modalities might also benefit. You’ll have to ‘feel’ your way along here and, of course, use your own intuition. Your own practice as an intuitive healer will undoubtedly flourish under this mighty splash of energies. Where are you located? Perhaps some of the readers can find you! Keep us posted when your book gets published.

6 Genevieve { 05.06.09 at 8:55 pm }

Dear Mary,

Didn’t want to neglect you! I’ve never tried the Neti pot. What are the benefits? Ah—I envy you the pool. But here in Nevada County we have THE RIVER. Yes, The Yuba River, which is still free-flowing and natural. An awesome place to swim especially when it gets really hot. I love Pilates. A woman lived at the bottom of our road in Pt. Reyes with her own private studio. It was the best! I’m looking for someone here in this area now because Pilates really does strengthen your core. Agreed. Thanks for sharing, Mary!

7 Mary Erangey { 05.07.09 at 8:58 am }

Neti pot benefits anyone with ongoing nasal allergy or sinus obstruction issues. Has made a TREMENDOUS difference for me. The improved nasal/sinus health helps me feel better, stronger and healthier in general. P.S. I’ve got to get back to Pilates classes too. : )

8 JOAN { 05.07.09 at 2:57 pm }

Dear Genevieve, Thanks so much for the info. I am or have used and/or have researched all that you mentioned. I LOVE the Flower Essences and carry a bottle of Rescue Remedy in my purse always. Communicating with you has helped so very much as it is often difficult to find like minded people that have insight and direction that is helpful at that exact “right” moment in time. I will continue to search and research for an alternative method for this PMR which has to do with the white blood cells in the lining of the muscles. It takes one to two years for it to do its thing and it has been a year. I am feeling SO MUCH better than I was and am GRATEFUL for the teachings it has brought to me. I am currently in Ontario Canada for the summer~~~not certain where I will be off to in the Autumn. LIFE IS GOOD~~~~~~~LIFE IS VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!! I will keep you informed about my book. If anyone wants to get in touch they can e-mail me at joanxo@yahoo.com and I will get back to them. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INSIGHT AND THOUGHTS~~~~~LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE, JOAN XO IT HAS BEEN FUN “TALKING” WITH YOU!

9 Genevieve { 05.08.09 at 10:33 am }

Dear Joan,

Thanks for your great support and—yes—it is good to be connected with another astrologer of like mind and heart. 🙂 Look at vibrational medicine: have you considered NES; that’s Nutri-Energetic-Systems. In the movie, The Living Matrix, one of the founders of that system is interviewed. You can research it on the web. You’ll need a practitioner, but it is highly effective on all levels. I wish you success in your search for the right method in dealing with your PMR.

Blessings,